Step-by-Step Instructions for NEW Substitute Teachers for the 2019-2020 School Year
Please read thoroughly and follow each step.
STEP 1: “Substitute Teacher” Application through Applicant Tracking
- This application is required to be completed and updated annually for your name to be placed on the list making you eligible for substitute teacher work.
- Click here to access Applicant Tracking.
- Create a username and password and complete the application for “Job Title: NEW Substitute Teacher.” (Be sure to remember your username and password so you can easily update your personal information and preferences in future years.)
- Attach to this application your official college transcript in PDF format showing bachelor’s degree conferred date. (see information below regarding transcripts)
- If applicable, attach to this application your valid Ohio teaching license or substitute teaching license.
STEP 2: Transcripts
- If you are applying for a substitute teacher license for the first time, you will also need to upload your official transcript to your educator account at Ohio Department of Education.
- All uploaded transcripts should be legible, in PDF format (no JPG) and include the registrar’s signature. When scanning a multi-page transcript, create ONE document file that includes ALL pages (front/back, including key/legend). One PDF document per college transcript.
- NOTE: If needed, our office can scan your official transcript into PDF format for you.
STEP 3: Fingerprinting/Background Check (BCI/FBI)
- A background check is required for ODE licensure and to substitute teach with Stark County Schools.
- Stark County ESC offers fingerprinting services by appointment only for $53. Visit our website, Click here to schedule an appointment.
- If you have had fingerprinting/background check completed within the last 365 days AND electronically sent to ODE for licensure, paper copies of those will be accepted, but we must have a copy.
STEP 4: Teaching/Substitute License issued by Ohio Department of Education (ODE)
- A substitute teaching license is only required if you do not hold a valid standard teaching license issued by Ohio Department of Education.
- After your Applicant Tracking application is submitted along with transcript, you may apply for a substitute license through ODE. You must use the Stark County ESC IRN #049825 for the superintendent’s electronic signature on the license application.
- For complete information on substitute licensure, please click here to visit the webpage at ODE.
After the above steps are completed and reviewed,
you will be contacted either for additional information or
you will receive confirmation and sub management information.
For more information, contact the
Tuesday-Friday 8 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
330-492-8136, Ext. 1312