The CARE Team Initiative is a collaboration of partners dedicated to student success. Parents, students, teachers, school administrators, community providers, law enforcement and other professionals work together to ensure that every student succeeds. The program provides:
- An adult member of the school neighborhood who provides advocacy and support for families.
- Teams of teachers taking personal responsibility for the success of each of their students.
- Academic, leadership, relationship and other social skill building opportunities offered during, before, and after school, as well as summer programming for targeted students.
- Academic mentoring and tutoring by caring community partners.
- On-site mental health prevention/intervention and other drug prevention/intervention.
- Family court and law enforcement involvement as appropriate.
- Health and wellness support by school personnel.
- Alcohol and drug prevention and intervention.
The CARE TEAM approach represents a fundamental change in the teaching/learning process. It is holistic, systemic, non-categorical, year-round, long-term, and evidence based.