Hello ESC Employee LPDC Ohio Licenses Renewal Candidates,
The following information will assist you in using the SCESC LPDC to renew your Ohio Licenses. The committee meets every other month and the last scheduled meeting is during the month of June. By using the SCESC LPDC you understand that the process MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE 1ST FRIDAY IN JUNE.
All LPDC activities are done through the employee HR Kiosk under the IPDP tab.
Some helpful hints
- Any amount of ceus/ contact hours/ graduate credit hours over and beyond the required amount for renewal cannot be “carried over” to your new license.
- 180 hours =18 ceus =6 semester hours
- All license renewal application and paymentsare to be completed online through your SAFE account on ODE’s website.Choose the Stark County ESC LPDC IRN 014473 when prompted.
- All submissions to LPDC must be made electronically.You must “attach” your document(s) to your activity request.Activity requests should be submitted the SAME year they were completed.
- Remember choose NONE for supervisor
- AFTER receiving notification from ODE that your license has been renewed- you MUST ARCHIVE your old IPDP and CREATE a new one for your next renewal cycle.
What you need to prepare to renew your license
- Collect all your documentation
- Complete a Safety and Violence Prevention Course (Ohio Revised Code Section 3319.073), or equivalent course
- Update your BCI/FBI checks (digital fingerprinting services) to any individual required by Ohio Revised Code 3319.39.
Do you qualify as a Consistently High Performing Teacher?
Additional Information can be found at
Direct all questions and inquiries to the LPDC Committee Members: