Who is on the Council?
- Parents and guardians of children enrolled in the SCIP or Early Childhood Education Programs are welcome to attend all meetings
What does the Parent Council do?
- Share information
- Become a child and education advocates
- Assist in publicizing and developing community awareness of the programs
- Recognize teachers and volunteers
- Gather and share resources
- Provide opportunities to become acquainted with other parents
When do they meet?
- Typically the third Wednesday of each month from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Where do they meet?
The Early Childhood Resource Center
1718 Cleveland Ave NW
Canton OH 44703
What is provided?
- Child Care is available at no charge
Goals and objectives
- To keep the lines of communication open between parents, children, staff, and community
- To encourage cooperation between parents and staff to meet the needs of the children and their families
- To provide a learning experience for parents to develop leadership skills so they may become more active in advisory committees, the school PTO and community organizations, and work as an advocate for the Early Childhood Program
Campbell's Labels for Education
After 42 years, this is the last year Campbell's is collecting labels to redeem for free merchandise. As of August 1, 2016, only UPC's with the Labels for Education logo will be accepted and redeemed for points. Campbell's has begun the process of removing the logo and expect there will be a limited number of products that contain these labels in stores through August 1, 2017. We still have many labels to turn in points for, and you may still have labels at home. Please turn in your labels as follows:
1. cut the label on the dotted line
2. separate labels by point value
3. count labels and write the quantity of UPC's on a baggie or envelope
Giant Eagle Apples for Students
1. register your Giant Eagle Advantage Card at gianteagle.com/AFTS
2. enter our School ID #5281
3. shop with the Giant Eagle Advantage card.
Each time your card is scanned through March 18, your purchases automatically earn points, and those earned points will be turned into cash. We will receive a check to be used for our preschool materials and supplies. NOTE: for those who have already registered their cards, you can designate what percentage you want to go to each school, so you can help our preschools, as well as, an elementary school for older children!
Community Cash Back - ACME
Help us earn 5% cash back on store brands bought at your local Acme Fresh Market; save your register receipts from August 1-December 31. Turn in those receipts to your child's teacher or bring them to a Parent Council meeting.
Invite your friends and family to register their Giant Eagle card, save UPC's and receipts too!
For more information, contact:
Early Childhood Director
330-492-8136, ext. 1359